Have you ever thought of starting your own business? Entrepreneurship is popular these days and with all the facilities available through the Internet, starting a business has never been easier. I am doing a module on Technology Entrepreneurship at Aberystwyth University (Mauritius) and post about it weekly. Here is what I learned during the eighth week:
1. Lectures Summary
This week, the lectures were cancelled as everybody was absent.
2. Project achievements
On Tuesday Fisayo told me to focus on the technology: How will the E-tailers validate our coupons?
On Wednesday I went to MSCC Code & Coffee meetup. There, I met Rishi Raj Gujadhur who had previously been involved with some startups. I explained the requirements with support from the diagrams below:
He suggested we use ASP.NET (Core) Web API and talked about the following:
He also gave me a link this blog post to get started.
On Thursday, I met Fisayo. He told me that in order to create a complete coupon system with affiliation schemes we need to really understand what affiliation mean. He showed me some webpages about it on his laptop and told me to do more research on it. We could also use an already existing software to do it.
3. Interesting additional things
I wanted to learn more about the benefits for API, here are the links I used:
I understood that:
- Web API is used to build and expose HTTP services.
- It is relatively easy to use.
- It is light and suitable for mobile devices.
I also did some in Visual studio as shown below:
I will need to clarify the model for a coupon and the actions with the rest of the group.
I also looked at the following sites about affiliation schemes and coupons:
- How To Make Your Own Online Coupon Business In A Profitable Niche
- How Does an Affiliate Program Work?
- 13 Strategic Ways Businesses Can Use Coupon Codes
- Offline coupon tracking without the sweat
- How Do Companies Track Which Coupons Were Redeemed?
I learned that:
- Coupons is used in a way to make all stakeholders happy.
- Coupons can be used in various ways.
- Coupons can be used both online and offline.
- Coupons can be used to for demography analysis.
Total Time Spent
- Group Activity: 3 hours
- Week Submission: 2 hours
- Additional Explorations: 6 hours
Total: 11 hours
Questions & Thoughts
This week I thought that the velocity deceased. Maybe we had to take a little rest after the interim presentation. Anyway we will have to speed-up for the final report in 3 weeks.